Chargrilled capsicums. A super easy recipe perfect for an appetiser.
- 4 big red capsicums
- 6 garlic cloves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Herbs (mix of dried Italian herbs)
- First, be sure to have an empty jar to store the grilled capsicums (a former pickle jar for example) if you want to store them for several weeks.
- Preheat oven to 190°.
- Wash the capsicums and place them on the grill for about 35 to 40 minutes. Their skin should be blistered and blackened.
- During the third step, we have time to prepare the marinade for our grilled capsicums. Crush the garlic cloves with a garlic crusher or with the back of a knife. Combine the olive oil (be generous) with the Italian herbs and crushed garlic.
- Remove capsicums from the oven and put them in a bowl covered with a lid or a plate for them to soften. The steam will help you to peel them and remove their blackened skin.
- Five to ten minutes later, carefully peel and discard skins. When they have cooled down, thickly slice capsicum, put them in the jar with the marinade. You shoud get something like on the following picture:
- You can store the grilled capsicum for weeks in the fridge.
- Treat yourself.
No related posts.